Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Amarillo, Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico

After waking up to another beautiful morning in Amarillo (expected high 93f) we drove, it seemed for hrs. in unbelievable barren land of Texas, eventually we crossed the border into New Mexico and for a change in scenery, the hills (mountains) reminded me very much of Kamloops B.C.

Since we were ahead of our schedule to arrive in Sedona we decided to stop for the day and take in the beautiful atmosphere of old Albuquerque.

What a magnificent place, so much to see, we walked for hrs.  We could have spent half a day just in the Albuquerque Museum of Art & History. We walked all the little streets lined with the most unique shops, galleries and restaurants.

While downtown in the old city, I had my first real Mexican Dinner. Loved every hot mouth full.

 I even bought myself a beautiful gift of the local torquise stones. A gorgious necklace, one of a kind, by a famous local artist. (sorry James I just spent your Birthday gift money)  I’ll buy you lunch at Mcdonalds for your B.D. Ha Ha!!

We walked and shopped until we dropped, I felt guilty earlier today as I only walked for about 10 minutes around the welcome centre (only on the paved path ways). After seeing the sign  to beware of rattle snakes and keep your distance, I was not going to take any chances, plus it was about 93 f. and in no time I was out of breath.

I did see a snake but it was dead on the road. I could not believe the size; it was as long as 1 ½ lanes of the highway; it was impossible to miss it without loosing control of the car. I said to James my God what was that , He said a snake, I said thank God if I had to see one, this was it.

Other than my phobia  fear of snakes, I just love it here. I can breath so well. We are having the time of our lives.

So keep checking our blog for more exciting adventures.

Love, Eleanor



The barren landscape of Texas

The Hills of New Mexico

The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History

Museum Garden Sculpture

Side street in old Albuquerque

Old Town boutiques

Old Town Catholic Church

No comments:

Post a Comment